Mail’s here! The perfect addition to your Blue’s Clues & You themed party is this DIY Mailbox. Any standard household mailbox ($20 or less at your local hardware store) can instantly become a friendly face! Here’s what you’ll need:
- A standard household mailbox
- Purple spray paint
- Lavender spray paint
- Red paint
- Construction paper
- Paint brush
- Spray paint the outside of the mailbox with a shade of purple.
- Spray the door of the mailbox with a lavender paint.
- Use a paintbrush to paint the flag red.
- Take the white construction paper and cut out ovals to use as Mailbox’s eyeballs.
- Use black construction paper to cut out back circles that will become Mailbox’s pupils.
- Use magenta construction paper to cut out a U-shaped mouth.
- Using a gluestick, attach the pupils to Mailbox’s eyeballs.
- Once Mailbox has dried, glue his eyes and mouth onto his door.
And that’s it! These 8 simple steps will transform any mailbox into one that will make you want to sing and dance. But if you want an even simpler version, use the printable template below to create Mailbox’s face.
Use your Mailbox at a party to collect envelopes, hold snacks or utensils, or even clues for our Blue’s Clues game!
Receive a personalized phone call from Josh and Blue (or one of 10 additional characters) when you sign up for the Nickelodeon Birthday Club. It’s free and easy!
Watch more Nick Jr.! View the TV schedule here.