- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW, AND OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES. MANY WILL ENTER, FEW WILL WIN.
- Entry Period/Sweepstakes Overview: The “2020 Blue’s Clues & You! Employee Sweepstakes” (the “Sweepstakes”) commences at or around 12:00:01 PM Eastern Time (“ET”) on July 9, 2020 and ends at 4:59:59 PM (ET) on July 12, 2020 (the “Entry Period”). The odds of winning depend on the total number of Eligible Entries (hereinafter defined) received for the Sweepstakes. During the Entry Period, Entrants (hereinafter defined) may enter the Sweepstakes by sending an email from their personal authorized work email account to VCPFranchise@viacom.com with “BLUE’S CLUES AND YOU! SWEEPS” contained in the subject line and as further detailed in Section 4 below. At the conclusion of the Sweepstakes, one (1) First Place, Second Place and Third Place (as each capitalized term is defined below) winners will be selected at random in accordance with Section 5 below. The term “Sponsor”, as used hereinafter, shall mean Viacom International Inc.
- Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to current, full-time or part time staff and project-based employees of any entity wholly or partially owned by ViacomCBS Inc. (“ViacomCBS”) who: (a) are working in a ViacomCBS office (on-sire or remotely) in the fifty (50) United States, (b) are at least eighteen (18) years old or the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which they reside (nineteen  years old in Alabama and Nebraska, twenty-one  years old in Mississippi) at the time of entry, and (c) are a legal resident of one (1) of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia (each, an “Entrant”, collectively the “Entrants”). By participating in this Sweepstakes and submitting an Entry, Entrants: (i) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretations of these Official Rules by the Sponsor, and by the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes; (ii) release and hold harmless Sponsor, its affiliated companies, sponsors, subsidiaries, advertising agencies and third party fulfillment agencies (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), and each of their respective agents, employees, officers, directors, successors and assigns, against any and all claims, injury or damage arising out of or relating to participation in this Sweepstakes and/or use or misuse or redemption of the Prize (as hereinafter defined); and (iii) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules.
- To Enter: During the Entry Period, send an email from your personal authorized work email account to VCPFranchise@viacom.com with “BLUE’S CLUES AND YOU! SWEEPS” contained in the subject line, include your full first and last names in the body of the email note and submit as instructed to count as one (1) “Entry”. Each Entry must be complete and be in compliance with these Official Rules to qualify as eligible for consideration in the Sweepstakes. Each Entrant must complete his/her Entry as directed and within the timeframe specified by Sponsor. Failure on behalf of an Entrant to comply with the foregoing may result in an incomplete or disqualified Entry. BY SENDING AN EMAIL FROM YOUR PERSONAL AUTHORIZED WORK EMAIL ACCOUNT TO VCPFRANCHISE@VIACOM.COM WITH “BLUE’S CLUES AND YOU! SWEEPS” CONTAINED IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND INCLUDING YOUR FULL FIRST AND LAST NAMES IN THE BODY OF THE EMAIL NOTE DURING THE ENTRY PERIOD, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND BY THE INTERPRETATIONS OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY THE SPONSOR, AND BY THE DECISIONS OF THE SPONSOR, WHICH ARE FINAL IN ALL MATTERS RELATING TO THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
Limit one (1) Entry per Entrant. Additional Entries will be disqualified. All Entries submitted in accordance with these Official Rules shall be hereinafter referred to as “Eligible Entries.” Incomplete or inaccurate Entries, and Entries which are in violation of these Official Rules, are void. In the event of a dispute over who submitted a winning Entry the authorized registrant of the authorized ViacomCBS email account used to participate in this Sweepstakes at the actual time of entry will be deemed to be the Entrant. The authorized account registrant is defined as the individual person who is assigned an authorized email account by ViacomCBS during the entry process. All Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
There is no cost to enter the Sweepstakes, however internet access charges and/or wireless data rates may apply. Please check with your internet service and mobile wireless provider for current internet access charges, if any. Entrants should seek the permission of the person paying the bill before entering. If you opt to submit an Entry via your wireless mobile device (which may only be available via participating wireless carriers and is not required to enter the Sweepstakes), standard text messaging and/or data rates may apply for each message sent or received from your handset according to the terms and conditions of your services agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers’ rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Sweepstakes. Participation in this Sweepstakes by mobile device means that you understand that you may receive additional messages by mobile device relating to this Sweepstakes, including notifying you if you are a Winner, which may be subject to charges pursuant to your carrier’s rate plan. Mobile device service may not be available in all areas. Check your mobile device’s capabilities for specific instructions.
- Selection of Winner/ Notification: On or around July 17, 2020, Sponsor will select one (1) First Place, one (1) Second Place and one (1) Third Place winners at random from among all Eligible Entries received (each a “Winner”, collectively the “Winners”). Notification: The potential Winner will be contacted on or around five (5) business days following the Sweepstakes’ drawing date via the ViacomCBS email address used to enter the Sweepstakes during the Entry Period. In the event that any potential Winner does not respond within three (3) days of being contacted, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify the potential Winner’s Entry (and such Entrant will not win any prize) and select an alternate Winner at random from among the remaining applicable Eligible Entries received. This process will be repeated until one (1) Winner has been contacted and verified, time permitting. The final determination of the Winner shall be in the sole and absolute discretion of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to extend the Entry Period or to not select a Winner if Sponsor determines, in its sole and absolute discretion that Entries received did not meet the minimum qualification standards set forth in these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to delay the announcement of the Winner in its sole discretion. To the extent permitted by law, Sponsor disclaims any liability from, and Entrants, agree to waive, any claims against Sponsor relating to the winner selection or awarding process. Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate Winner in the event that any potential Winner fails to comply with these Official Rules.
- Winner Verification: Each of the potential Winners must prove eligibility, including, without limitation, proof of age, residence, and employment, within twenty-four (24) hours of being notified as a potential Winner. In the event of non-compliance by a potential Winner such potential Winner shall be disqualified and all privileges otherwise due as the Winner shall be terminated and an alternate potential Winner may be chosen from among all of the remaining applicable Eligible Entries received if time permits in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Each potential Winner must, at Sponsor’s discretion, sign within twenty-four (24) hours of receipt of the following documents from Sponsor: (a) an affidavit of eligibility and release of Sweepstakes Entities and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and members from any and all liability, loss, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injury and/or damage, theft, loss, or any other harm suffered in connection with this Sweepstakes or the use/misuse or acceptance of the Prize (as hereinafter defined) or any portion thereof to be eligible for the Prize; (b) except where prohibited by law, a promotional release granting Sweepstakes Entities the right to use his/her name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation; and (c) any other documentation required by Sponsor, including tax-related forms, and Winner’s social security number or local equivalent for tax purposes (collectively, the “Releases”). Entry into this Sweepstakes constitutes Entrant’s agreement to sign such Releases. The Winner shall be responsible for obtaining and returning signed copies of the Releases within the allotted timeframe. Failure to return all such documents and comply with deadlines, noncompliance with these Official Rules or the return of any prize or prize notification will result in disqualification and, in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, selection of an alternate Winner. All decisions of the Sponsor relating to the Sweepstakes are final. Sponsor expressly reserves the right to delay the announcement of the Winner for creative or technical reasons or for any other reason Sponsor deems necessary.
- Prizes (3): There are three (3) prizes available to be awarded in the Sweepstakes (individually the “First Prize”, “Second Prize” and “Third Prize”, each a “Prize”, collectively the “Prizes”) as further detailed below:
First Prize (1) – The First Prize shall consist of a one-on-one exclusive virtual playdate (approximately fifteen minutes [15:00] in duration) for the First Place Winner and his/her pre-school child(ren) (or a pre-school child designated by the First Prize Winner, provided such designated child’s parent or legal guardian agrees, and agrees to affirm in writing, with all of Sponsor’s terms and requirements) with the host of the Nickelodeon pre-school program entitled “Blue’s Clues and You!”, Joshua Dela Cruz (“Talent”) subject to Talent’s availability due to default, disability or force majeure events and subject to Sponsor’s final determination. If Talent is not available to participate in the First Prize fulfillment for any reason, Sponsor will make best commercial efforts to substitute another Nickelodeon talent, but neither Sponsor will not be held responsible for such substitution or the lack thereof. Sponsor shall have sole determination rights with respect to the video conferencing service to be used for the First Prize. Fulfillment of the First Prize is anticipated to take place between September 1, 2020 and October 31, 2020, however such dates are subject to change in Sponsor’s sole discretion. The final date and time of First Prize fulfillment shall be solely determined by Sponsor in consultation with the First Prize Winner. First Prize Winner must provide all necessary permissions and consents in order to participate in the First Prize (including providing or obtaining, to the satisfaction of Sponsor, the written authorization of the parent or legal guardian (“Parent”) of the pre-school child(ren) who participates in the First Prize, if the Entrant is not the Parent). The Parent must operate all video conferencing software and complete any required documentation provided by Sponsor in order to participate in the First Prize.
Second Prize (1) – The Second Prize shall consist of one (1) Jumbo Blue Plush Doll.
Third Prize (1) – The Third Prize shall consist of one (1) plush ear headbands.
The approximate retail value of all Prizes is not applicable as each of the Prizes are custom creations and provided as promotional consideration.
- 8. General Prize Terms: Arrangements for fulfillment of the Prizes will be made by Sponsor. All details related to the Prize not specified in these Official Rules shall be solely determined by Sponsor. As a reminder, each Winner remains liable for any and all taxes on the value of the Prize received. Upon entry into the Sweepstakes, each Winner (as well as all other Entrants) is required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations. All federal, state and local taxes (if any), and any other costs and expenses associated with the Prize not specifically provided for in these Official Rules, are solely Winner’s responsibility. Sponsor shall have no responsibility or obligation to the Winner, or potential Winner, who is unable or unavailable to accept or utilize the Prizes as described herein. No substitution, transfer or cash equivalent of the Prize or any portion thereof is permitted, except by Sponsor, in which case a prize of comparable or greater value may be awarded.
- General Terms: Noncompliance with any of these Official Rules, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, may result in disqualification. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER OR ANY BEHAVIOR BY ANY WINNER THAT WILL BRING WINNER OR SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES INTO DISREPUTE (IN SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS A WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS A WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
The Sweepstakes Entities assume no responsibility for incorrect, inaccurate, or late entry information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Entries in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of the Prizes and/or Winners. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes or modify the Sweepstakes or Official Rules for any reason, including if the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes or amendment and/or adoption of new or existing laws and/or regulations regarding the administration, operation or any other aspect of the Sweepstakes in any jurisdiction. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, the Prize may be awarded to a Winner to be selected from among all Eligible Entries received up until and or after (if applicable) the time of modification, cancellation or termination or in a manner that is fair and equitable as determined by Sponsor. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions by Sponsor are final. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THE NEW YORK COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE SWEEPSTAKES AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK SHALL GOVERN THE SWEEPSTAKES. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS. Entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities and each of their respective affiliated companies, parents, sponsors, subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees, agents, members (collectively, the “Indemnified Parties”) from and against any and all liabilities, claims, suits, losses, damages, expenses and costs (including, but not limited to reasonable attorneys’ fees) resulting or arising from: (a) the Sweepstakes, and/or (b) any breach or violation of any representation, warranty, obligation or covenant made by each Entrant herein; and each Entrant agrees to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against the Indemnified Parties, to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against the Indemnified Parties, and hereby acknowledge that the Indemnified Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prize.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANTS RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE INDEMNIFIED PARTIES FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LOSSES, DAMAGES, RIGHTS, CLAIMS, AND ACTIONS OF ANY KIND ARISING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED ACTIVITY (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE REMOVAL FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES WEBSITE OF, OR DISCONTINUATION OF ACCESS TO, ANY MATERIALS), OR RESULTING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, AS WELL AS CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, AND/OR INVASION OF PRIVACY.
IN NO EVENT WILL THE INDEMNIFIED PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF ANY ACCESS TO, LACK OF ACCESS TO, AND/OR USE OF THE SWEEPSTAKES WEBSITE, THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES WEBSITE, THE REMOVAL FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES WEBSITE, OR DISCONTINUATION OF ACCESS TO, ANY MATERIALS, OR THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF, OR ANY HARM RESULTING FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF, OR PARTICIPATION IN, ANY PRIZE AWARDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE SWEEPSTAKES, ALL PRIZES, AND ALL MATERIALS PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE SWEEPSTAKES WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- Amendment: These Official Rules may be amended at any time by Sponsor on notice. No waiver of any rights by ViacomCBS or any Entrant will be taken as a waiver of any other rights it may have. For example, if ViacomCBS waives its right to acknowledge and respond with respect to a particular breach of these Official Rules by an Entrant, it does not prevent ViacomCBS from acknowledge and responding with respect to other breaches.
- Request for Name of Winners and/or a copy of these Official Rules: For the name of the Winners and/or Official Rules, send an email to VCPFranchise@viacom.com by September 15, 2020 with “2020 Blue’s Clues & You! Employee Sweepstakes – Winners” in the subject line. Official Rules can be accessed at http://www.nickelodeonparents.com/blues-clues-you-employee-sweepstakes-official-rules/ during the Entry Period.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MANY WILL ENTER, FEW WILL WIN. Subject to Official Rules. For Official Rules, prize descriptions and odds disclosure, go to http://www.nickelodeonparents.com/blues-clues-you-employee-sweepstakes-official-rules/ . Open only to legal residents of the 50 US and DC who are current, full-time or part time staff and project-based employees of any entity wholly or partially owned by ViacomCBS Inc. working in a US based office (on-site or remotely) for a minimum of three (3) months and are at least eighteen (18) years old or the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which they reside (nineteen  years old in Alabama and Nebraska, twenty-one  years old in Mississippi) at the time of entry. Sweepstakes starts at 12:00:01 p.m. ET on 7/9/20 and ends at 4:59:59 p.m. ET on 7/12/20. Three (3) Prizes available in the Sweepstakes, ARV: none, promotional consideration. Sponsor: Viacom International, Inc., 1515 Broadway, New York, NY 10036.